Welcome, my name is Amanda Johnson and I’m a Business Coach, Mentor and Trainer specialising in Virtual Assistants, I say all 3 because there is a time and a place for each specific skill set, my background is that of a professional administrator and I am passionate about inspiring, challenging and supporting people who want to not only be a great VA but also have an “awesome” VA business.
I launched my own successful VA business after retirement from the Royal Navy after 23 years service – and within 18 months was Runner Up in the VA of The Year Awards 2014 – Southern Region. My success is down to hard work and core values which underpin everything I do in business – commitment, open and clear communication, honesty, loyalty and integrity. In 2017, 2018 and 2019, I was humbled to be voted Best VA Training Provider in the PA Assist Members Voice Awards and Virtual Assistant Voice Awards. Can I just tell you it feels awesome to win 3 years in a row.
“Do you know what? I’m passionate about creating exceptional VA’s – I am at my happiest when I am inspiring, challenging and supporting others” (and there might be a bit of xxx kicking in there too).
Before I tell you about how I might be able to help you, let me give you a potted insight into me…
- I am a military veteran although someone did tell me recently I have softened over the past couple of years… (hmm not so sure on that one!) I have been involved in training, coaching, mentoring and leadership roles since 1990! (Please tell me I don’t look old enough!)
- I am a Wife to a great husband who is a Mortgage Consultant (and an awesome one at that), who is also a military veteran.
- I am a Mum to 2 gorgeous little boys – who run me ragged – I often share their exploits as part of my business. They teach me a lot of lessons believe it or not.
- I am also Mum to 2 angels – who were the catalyst in me leaving my military career and setting up my VA business. (My children died in 2008 after being born extremely prematurely.)
- I am passionate about supporting people in setting up their business and in helping them succeed. I want to inspire and empower others. But doing this authentically and with passion.
- I have a degree in Business and Management (although I often forget this as in my eyes it’s just a piece of paper!)
- I am annoying and use the 24 hour clock when publishing information.
- I am normally found in my jeans and birkenstocks. As a VA I believe we don’t have to be a “suits” person but can adapt our styles to the clients we work with.
- I am firm believer in the #gogiver principles and recommend any business owner reads Go Giver by John David Mann and Bob Burg – its my number one business book.
- I am known for saying “Awesome” a lot!
- VACT was originally founded by Carmen MacDougall in 2003
This is why I do what I do…
How I can help you:
- Equip you with the business mindset needed to set up and run your own successful but empowered VA business. I don’t train you how to manage a diary or type a letter etc, instead I help you avoid the many business pitfalls when setting up a business
- I guide you in setting up an authentic VA business, that is aligned to your core values and one where you charge your worth
- Give you the marketing know-how you need to find the right clients and more importantly how to serve them
- Help you build a thriving business of loyal customers who value your specialist services
- Provide a Community of Other VAs who are equally as passionate as I am about connecting, interacting, and supporting one another
With many different core offerings available, I have exactly what you need to become a successful VA. All of the products are designed to fit around you, your current work commitments, your individual circumstances and your budget. I am creating and sharing new things regularly, so please keep an eye on the Training Pages.
If you’re not yet in a position to opt for one of our paid products, we don’t leave you high and dry. We truly do want to help everyone who wants to make the leap into the growing market available to Virtual Assistants. That is why we also offer a library of great free advice on our blog – so why not check that out here and have some great Freebies scattered throughout the site.
Whatever your reasons for wanting to take those first steps towards self-employment, whether you’re:
- You are ready to invest in yourself to create exactly what and where it is you want to be in your life and career right now.
- At risk or are experiencing redundancy
- Tired of working for someone else and want to strike out on your own
- Excited about having a change in career
- Love your current role but want more or a challenge
- Ready to take control of your work/life balance
- Wanting to be more at home for the children
- Ready to take a leap of faith
I am are here to help make the transition a smooth one – and one that’s paced however fast or slow you’d like! Remember I do this from a genuine place of authenticity and its not about the sales but about the person.
If you’re ready to invest in yourself working with a Business Coach, who will help you to take control of your career and become an awesome VA with all of the tools and help you need – simply click the pink button above to explore your available options and/or arrange a free no-obligation 30 minute consultation to see which route is best for you!
Remember “Be Awesome”